- Hamann Schools Mathematics Competition and Practice
- Maths Quiz Night 2020 information sheet and registration
- National Mathematics Summer School (NMSS)
- Project Based Competitions - SAMTQ / JSMEP - each linked below the description
- The Junior Secondary Mathematics Enrichment Project/South Australian Mathematics Talent Quest (JSMEP/SAMTQ) are competitions run annually aimed at promoting interest in mathematics and fostering positive attitudes. The focus of the JSMEP/SAMTQ are on using mathematics to investigation a topic of interest to the student/s.
Involvement in the Junior Secondary Mathematics Enrichment Project/South Australian Mathematics Talent Quest is a great way to support students' mathematics development as they engage in mathematical investigations.
In 2020 we have implemented changes to ensure students can still be involved in JSMEP/SAMTQ while following the COVID-19 guidelines.
Schools involved this year should note that:
- Entry is free and open to individuals, small groups (up to 5 students) or classes from R – 12.
- There will be a limit of two entries, per category, per year level per school.
- Schools will need to complete a registration form and submit it to MASA by Friday 3 July 2020.
- All JSMEP/SAMTQ entries must be digital and sent to The Mathematical Association of South Australia by Friday 21 August 2020 before 5pm.
- Schools will be notified of the results and if their entries have been selected to be sent to Mathematical Association of Western Australia for National Judging.
- To recognise all of the students involved, MASA will provide participating schools with Achievement Certificates (Participation, Credit and Distinction) templates.
- (SAMTQ Primary R-7) South Australian Mathematics Talent Quest
- (JSMEP Secondary 8-10) Junior Secondary Mathematics Enrichment Project
- (SAMTQ Secondary 11-12) South Australian Mathematics Talent Quest
- Saturday Morning Problem Solving - University of Adelaide
- MASA supports the Numerical Acumen Challenge